Friday, January 29, 2010

Watch Helenius vs Brewster Live Boxing Fights

Robert Helenius (10-0, 6 KOs) is facing the “biggest challenge” of his life when he takes on former WBO Heavyweight Champion Lamon Brewster in Neubrandenburg, Germany on January 30. Coming off a spectacular third-round TKO victory over Taras Bidenko, the “Nordic Nightmare” is looking for the 11th victory in as many bouts. “I am excited to fight one of the biggest names in boxing at this early stage of my career,” Helenius said. “I have big plans and in order to accomplish them, I have to keep progressing. A victory over Brewster would be a giant stride into the right direction.”

Helenius, who finished second at the 2006 European Amateur Championships, looked impressive in his last fights. “I am in great shape,” the Scandinavian heavyweight hopeful said. “I am confident of success, even though I have never been in the ring with a star like Brewster. But I have a bigger reach than him and will keep him at bay with my jab..”

Brewster (35-5, 30 KOs) joined Team Sauerland in March 2009, comfortably defeating Michael Sprott in his first fight. His ambitious plan to fight for a world title again suffered a blow when Gbenga Oloukun clinched a points victory in Halle just five months later. “Perhaps he underestimated his opponent,” Helenius said. “However, I am sure he will not take me lightly. But I will be prepared for him. I am sure I will win the biggest fight of my life.”

The main fight of the night will be the clash between IBF Middleweight Champion Sebastian Sylvester and challenger Pablo Navascues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment